Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Sheet Wonder

When I first heard of the OSW (one sheet wonder) the template was cut down to make about 10 cards---but some of the pieces were tiny!  So, I revisited the OSW idea and made up a simpler template that makes 8 cards.    I actually had enough for 9, but 8 is a nice round number of cards for a gift.

my OSW template


First, sorry for the bad lighting.  When I made up my template, I wanted it to be easy to remember so I didn't need a "template."  But I am showing you what it looks like to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.  I divided up the 8.5" x 11 sheet in quarters.  From there I divided up the space within the quarter sheets.  




Pictured above is what my OSW looks like stamped and cut apart.  Next you get to make these into cards.



I decided to use so saffron as my card base alternating with lucky limeade and pool party as accent colors.  I stamped all my cards with the "thank you" sentiment from With All My Heart.  I had fun with different kinds of cards. 





Top picture is the back view of the ruffled card stock that I sewed onto the piece from the OSW.  The bottom picture shows the front of the ruffled piece.


Then I used some gold netting that was just around and sewed it into a little gift bag and tied it with a ribbon.  Voila!  You have a gift to give and had fun making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment